Went to Frankfurt today and discovered a number of strange things:
1) Something strange was going on in the city today: only three train lines went past the main station into town and in the main station there were noticably more policemen and security staff then usual. Not very reassuring, really.
2) That newsagent in the main station apparently no longer sells DANCE EUROPE. Duh.
3) My shoes were not made for long-distance walking: walked from main station to the Hauptwache and when I finally arrived, my feet were on fire. Double-duh.
4) In some shops shop assistants don’t consider it necessary to assist customers. Or to restock things. Like the Original Suffolk Canisters I had planend to buy. No need to say, I’ll never go to that shop again.
5) I am indeed able to walk into a bookshop and walkt out of it again without having bought a book.
Well, I did buy some books, never fear:
A) Rebecca Winters, FATHER BY CHOICE (for once I couldn’t resist a M&B photograph-cover!)
B) Helen Bianchin, THE HIGH-SOCIETY WIFE
C) Rita Mae Brown & Sneaky Pie Brown, CAT’S EYEWITNESS
No I’ll need to see what I can do about the blisters on my feet. :O)